- What is the Best Luxury Dog Bed?
- 5 Benefits of Purchasing a Luxury Dog Bed
- Why It’s Important for Your Dog to Have Their Own Bed
- 5 Components to Look for in a Luxury Dog Bed
- Overall Best Luxury Dog Bed
- More Top Luxury Dog Beds
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dogs sleep an average of 12-14 hours a day. Sounds nice, doesn’t it?! With this type of sleep schedule, it’s important that your pup always has the ability to snooze in luxury. A quality dog bed allows your dog to rest in comfort to ensure they are getting the best sleep possible.
Does your dog have to sleep in a luxury dog bed? Of course not. But there are several benefits of giving your pup that option. In this article we’ll discuss how a luxury dog bed can be excellent for your dog’s well-being. We also have some premium recommendations for you, that’ll leave you wanting to snuggle in your dog’s bed with them!
What is the Best Luxury Dog Bed?
- PetFusion Ultimate Lounge With Solid Memory Foam Dog Bed
- Snoozer Pet Products Luxury Overstuffed Dog Sofa
- Keet Fluffly Deluxe Dog Bed Soft
- Snoozer Pet Products Orthopedic Luxury Microsuede Cozy Cave Dog Bed
- Best Friends by Sheri Luxury Shag Donut Self-Heating Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Petlinks Supreme Soother Gel Memory Foam Dog Bed
- FurHaven Faux Fur & Velvet Memory Top Sofa Dog Bed
5 Benefits of Purchasing a Luxury Dog Bed
When you think of a luxury dog bed, features like style and comfort may come to mind. Aside from outward features, there are other benefits of purchasing a luxury dog bed:
- Constructed with high-quality materials: A truly luxurious dog bed is going to be built with high-quality materials. Luxury beds won’t easily rip or tear, and often times they are waterproof. You will pay a little more for a luxury dog bed, but chances are the bed will last a long time!
- Typically orthopedic: Most luxury dog beds can also be orthopedic due to the memory foam stuffing or insert. Orthopedic dog beds are beneficial for senior dogs or pups who need extra joint support. Even if you have an extremely spry pup, an orthopedic bed will ensure they are getting the most comfortable sleep possible to keep their joints healthy!
- Designed to look attractive for your home: Luxury dog beds are far from ugly. They typically boast attractive colors and modern designs that are suitable for even the trendiest homes.
- Provide superior comfort: A luxury dog bed is going to provide ultimate comfort. An orthopedic memory foam insert, padded bolster walls and soft fabric will ensure that your pup is getting the cozy rest that they deserve.
- Better sleep = healthier dog: When your dog is getting a deep sleep, they will wake up feeling rejuvenated and ready to chase all the squirrels! Just like humans function better when they are well-rested, the same can be said for dogs.
Why It’s Important for Your Dog to Have Their Own Bed
Your dog sleeps in bed with you at night. Trust us – we get it! But it’s also important for your dog to have their very own bed. Even if your pup isn’t sleeping in their luxury dog bed at night, having their own bed acts as a place of safety and security, much like a kennel. A dog bed is a good place for your pup to relax if they are stressed out, nervous or tired from a day at the park. While your family is watching TV, your pup may want to snuggle up in their spot to be a part of the group. It’s important to offer a dog bed to your pup so they can have their own place of comfort.
5 Components to Look for in a Luxury Dog Bed
While all luxury dog beds are going to be worth taking a look at, you’ll want to consider a number of components to narrow down your choices:
- Shape of the bed: When picking out the best luxury dog bed for your pup, you’ll want to consider the position in which they sleep most frequently. Do they sleep curled up in a ball? Sprawled out? If you choose a bed that accommodates their favorite sleeping position, it’s more likely they will use the bed consistently.
- Padded side walls: Most luxury dog beds have one or more bolstered walls for additional comfort and support. Some beds have one or two padded sides while others may be completely surrounded. What you choose comes down to how your dog typically sleeps. They may like this feature, as it adds a sense of security and works wonders as a head rest.
- Maintenance: Some luxury dog beds have removable covers that can be machine washed. Other beds can be entirely thrown in the washing machine. Consider maintenance and cleanup when choosing a bed.
- Fabric and materials: Each luxurious dog bed differs in materials used for stuffing and the cover. Of course all dog beds are meant to be cozy, but if your dog has sensitive skin, allergies or specific preferences, you may need to eliminate certain beds from your search. Most luxury dog beds come with some sort of memory foam insert, whether shredded or one solid piece.
- Size: If you have a giant breed dog, you may find it difficult to find a luxury dog bed that will properly accommodate them. Luckily our list has some fabulous beds that will be incredibly fitting for your big pup!
Overall Best Luxury Dog Bed
|Our 2019 Picks: Best Fancy Dog Beds|
|PetFusion Ultimate Lounge With Solid Memory Foam Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Snoozer Pet Products Luxury Overstuffed Dog Sofa||CHECK PRICE|
|Keet Fluffly Deluxe Dog Bed Soft||CHECK PRICE|
|Snoozer Pet Products Orthopedic Luxury Microsuede Cozy Cave Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Best Friends By Sheri Luxury Shag Donut Self-Heating Orthopedic Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Petlinks Supreme Soother Gel Memory Foam Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|FurHaven Faux Fur & Velvet Memory Top Sofa Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
- Stylish, modern look
- Anti-tear and water-resistant cover
- Available for all size dogs, including giant breeds
- Side bolster support for comfortable sleeping
This luxurious bed from PetFusion will give your dog the ultimate sleeping experience. Made with a deluxe memory foam base and machine washable cover, this bed offers your pup premium comfort and support for nap time. Side bolsters allow your dog to sleep with support for their head and neck, and they offer a sense of security.
The cover of this PetFusion luxury dog bed is made from cotton and polyester so it will be gentle on your dog’s skin. It’s water and tear-resistant, so it will hold up against your dog’s shenanigans! You can also throw the cover into the washing machine for regular cleaning. The PetFusion Ultimate Lounge is the epitome is comfort, quality and style for your dog who deserves the most luxurious dog bed.
- Durable, machine washable cover
- Available in several sizes including jumbo for giant breed dogs
- Stylish, modern construction
- Memory foam base is suitable for senior dogs who need orthopedic support
- Padded walls offer additional comfort and support
- This bed is fairly expensive, but you absolutely pay for a high-quality product.
- Fashionable to match your living room furniture
- Soft microsuede is gentle on your dog’s skin
- Stuffed with high-loft polyester for maximum comfort
- Bolstered back and sides for support and security
Runner-Up Best Luxury Dog Bed: Does your pup deserve their own personal couch?! Of course they do! This luxury dog bed from Snoozer Pet Products will look like another piece of furniture in your living room, or wherever you place it. It’s styled like a couch and performs as a super cozy spot for your pup. This overstuffed dog soft is covered in luxurious microsuede and it’s filled with high-loft polyester which offers cloud-like support.
The cover of this luxury doggy couch is easily removable to be cleaned in the washing machine in order to keep it looking and smelling great! This bed has bolstered walls to mimic a couch, so your dog can rest however they prefer. This Snoozer Pet Products luxury bed is available in an extremely wide array of colors so you can choose once to match your style. You can purchase it in small, large or extra-large.
- Gift your dog with their very own couch
- Removable, machine washable cover
- Stylish design and available in a plethora of gorgeous colors
- Overstuffed for premium bedtime comfort
- Might not be big enough for giant breed dogs
- Comes with a memory foam cushion
- Luxurious, elegant design
- Cushion is washable and leatherette soft can be wiped down
- Available in three sizes and two colors
Best Budget-Friendly Luxury Dog Bed: Keeping to the theme of sofa dog beds, this one from Keet is our top budget-friendly pick. This luxurious dog bed is literally a miniature couch for your pup. The wooden frame is handmade and covered in leatherette upholstery. The memory foam cushion is removable and can be put in the washing machine for easy maintenance. It’s filled with shredded foam and covered in mink-like fabric.
This luxury dog bed sofa is best for dogs up to 65lbs. It comes in three different sizes and two neutral colors. We love that this dog bed resembles a stylish piece of furniture that is sure to look fantastic in any home! And of course it comes at a cost-effective price, especially considering the elegant construction and premium-quality materials.
- Elegant design
- Washable memory foam cushion
- Leatherette upholstery can be wiped down
- Only suitable for dogs up to 65lbs
More Top Luxury Dog Beds
For dogs who’d enjoy borrowing in a cave of luxury, we recommend this bed from Snoozer Pet Products. This nest-style bed boasts 3” of memory foam with double layered padding to provide plenty of support for your resting pup. The hooded design allows your dog to feel secure during their nap time while being able to keep an eye on all of the action if they choose. The cover of this bed and inner liner are machine washable and made from upholstery-grade fabrics. Whether you have a senior pet who could use extra joint support or a pup who’d benefit from the cave-like construction, this luxury dog bed is definitely worth considering!
Your dog is sure to get a good night’s sleep on this faux shag fur bed. This round bed is fluffy and soft to give your dog the royal treatment. Raised edges provide additional support and comfort. This luxurious orthopedic bed is machine washable and safe for the dryer. It’s available in three sizes to accommodate extra-large pups. The round design is great for dogs who like to curl up and snuggle. It’s also perfect for dogs who could use a little help warming up, as the material is meant to reflect your dog’s body heat back onto them. We love this dog bed for pampered pups who are ready to curl up in luxury.
You may want to ask your pup if you can join them on this super cozy bed. This advanced memory foam bed is plush, soft and filled with gel beads to keep your dog cool and comfortable while they sleep. The memory foam is shredded to contour to your dog’s body, which is helpful if they have any joint pain. Your dog’s weight will be evenly distributed on this Petlinks luxury dog bed, a benefit for senior or growing pups. The bolster sides allow your dog to sleep in a position that’s comfortable for them. To keep your dog’s bed looking great, the cover can be removed and machine washed. We recommend this bed especially for pups who run warm.
FurHaven makes a variety of luxury dog beds, and we recommend this one for large and giant breed dogs. It’s built with premium orthopedic memory foam so your dog can get the solid sleep they deserve. Giant breed dogs can struggle with hip and joint issues, but this bed will support their body to bring pain relief. Padded bolster walls support your dog’s head and neck while they rest easy. The cover of this bed is machine washable, and it comes in two colors. We suggest giving this couch-style luxury dog bed a try for your large pup who could benefit from a comfy sleeping spot.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are dog beds important? – Dog beds are important so your pup has a safe, dedicated place that they can escape to if they are feeling nervous, anxious or just need some good sleep! Having a dog bed for your pooch is almost like offering them their own room. Many dogs like to bring their favorite toys, blanket and chews to their bed, as it acts as a place of security. If you have a senior dog, an orthopedic bed will be especially helpful to relieve joint pain and discomfort.
- What should I do if my dog won’t use his bed? – You just spent money on a beautiful luxurious dog bed, but now your dog won’t use it! The solution is potentially simple – show your dog that the bed is a positive place! Offer them treats for laying on their bed, or sit on the floor and pet them while they are laying on their bed. Next time you give them a bone, have them lay on the bed when you offer it. Positively reinforce the act of relaxing on their bed, and they will figure it out in no time.
Your dog gives you unconditional love, and they deserve a good night’s rest to be energized for that task. Purchasing a luxury dog bed for your canine companion is the least you can do to possibly repay them for all of the love and devotion they show you on a daily basis. And don’t worry – we know these luxurious dog beds are amazing, and we won’t judge you for getting cozy with your pup on one!