If you don’t want to see your dog sprawled all over your sofa for the bigger part of the day, you should consider getting him one of the best dog beds. In addition to serving as a comfortable sleeping space, dog beds provide a safe personal space for canines to call their own.
Just like dogs, dog beds come in different shapes and sizes to complement different sleeping styles and provide extra comfort for older and sick dogs.
With so many different style dog beds available on the market, finding the right one for your dog can be difficult. To help you out we picked the best of the best for your dog, to suit any need and any breed!
- Reviews of the Best Dog Beds
- 1. Armarkat Pet Bed Mat – Best dog bed Overall
- 2. K&H Pet Products Deluxe Ortho Bolster Sleeper Pet Bed – Best dog beds for arthritic dogs
- 3. PetFusion Ultimate Lounge Dog Bed – Best large dog beds
- 4. Snoozer Luxury Cozy Cave Pet Bed – Best cave dog beds
- 5. Arf Pets Dog Self Cooling Mat Pad – Best cooling dog beds
- 6. Big Barker Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed – Best orthopedic dog beds
- 7. Majestic Pet Suede Dog Bed – Best washable dog beds
- 8. K9 Ballistics Durable Chew Resistant Raised Dog Bed – Best indestructible dog beds
- 9. Best Friends by Sheri Self Warming Dog Bed Cushion – Best heated dog beds
- 10. Enchanted Home Snuggle Pet Sofa – Best luxury and fancy dog beds
- Criteria used for evaluation
- What Types of Dog Beds Exist?
Why It Is Better?
- Made of heavy-duty canvas.
- Skid-free base.
- Polyfill for extra comfort.
- Machine washable.
Reviews of the Best Dog Beds[supsystic-tables id=32]
1. Armarkat Pet Bed Mat – Best dog bed Overall
The Armarket Pet Bed Mat is a great option if you are looking at spacious and and at the sam time best price dog beds.
The Armarket Pet Bed Mat is a great option if you are looking for a regular dog bed without too many bells and whistles. This product comes in fours sizes and is spacious enough to fit even the largest dog breeds.
This bed is made of heavy-duty canvas and a soft plush that comes in burgundy and ivory color. The base is skid free and completely waterproof to protect your floors from any potty accidents.
This bed features an extra thick 100% poly filling for maximum comfort and fluffy feel. The cover is secured with a zipper and easy to remove and the waterproof lining is easy to clean.
Furthermore, the cover is safe for washing which will help you deal with any odors and stains the moment they occur. Since the packaging is vacuumed for easier transportation, it takes 20 minutes for a bed to get his real shape once unpacked.
- Machine washable.
- Spacious and cozy.
- Comes in four sizes.
- Skid free base.
- Stuffing compresses over time.
2. K&H Pet Products Deluxe Ortho Bolster Sleeper Pet Bed – Best dog beds for arthritic dogs
The K&H Pet Products Deluxe Ortho Sleeper Pet Bed is a great choice if you have an older dog that suffers from arthritis or joint pains.
The K&H Pet Products Deluxe Ortho Bolster Sleeper Pet Bed is one of the best dog beds for older dogs with joint pain. This product comes in four sizes to provide relief to all types of dogs.
This bed sits on 3 inches of medical grade orthopedic foam that offers superior comfort. The added bolster is filled with polyfill made of recycled bottles and makes the bed safer.
The bolster keeps your dog from rolling out of bed and serves as a headrest for a more comfortable sleeping position.
The bed is made with soft velvety microsuede and the sleeping area is covered with ultra quality soft fleece.
Furthermore, this product comes with zippers and it is possible to remove both orthopedic foam and polyfill for washing.
- Orthopedic foam filling.
- Provides comfort for older sick dogs.
- Bolster works as a pillow.
- Machine washable.
- The zipper can malfunction.
3. PetFusion Ultimate Lounge Dog Bed – Best large dog beds
The PetFusion Ultimate Lounge Dog Bed is one of the best rated dog beds for larger breeds and ensures a good rest.
The PetFusion Ultimate Lounge Dog Bed is one of the best dog beds for large dogs. It comes in four sizes and is able to comfortably fit even giant dog breeds.
This bed features a 4-inch solid memory foam base for superior comfort, reduced joint pain, and better mobility. The support bolsters are generously filled with recycled polyfill and provide neck support.
The Ultimate Lounge bed has a water resistant and tear resistant cover and a non-skid bottom. The cover can be removed for machine washing, and can also be spot cleaned.
This product comes with a 24-month manufacturers warranty. This bed can hold dogs up to 150 pounds, thus you can also use it for two medium-sized pups.
- Thick memory foam.
- Reduces joint pain.
- Comes with 1-year warranty.
- Bolsters for extra comfort.
- The zipper can malfunction.
4. Snoozer Luxury Cozy Cave Pet Bed – Best cave dog beds
The Snoozer Luxury Cozy Cave Pet Bed is a great option if your dog likes to burrow and nest.
The Snoozer Luxury Cozy Cave Pet Bed is one of the best dog beds for large dogs who like to burrow. This Cozy Cave comes in small, large and x-large size and variety of colors which will fit into your home.
The Microsuede interior combined with Sherpa covered interior make this bed cozy and warm during the coldest days. The inside of the bed is filled with cedar/poly mix for extreme overstuffed coziness.
A concealed thin plastic rod keeps the hood of the bed raised for easy entry and exit. The base has a hidden zipper in the rear end that gives you the option to remove the filling and wash the bed in the machine. The plastic rod needs to be removed before you put your dog’s bed in the washer.
- Comes in 40 different colors.
- For dogs that like to nest.
- Machine washable.
- Cozy and warm.
- The opening is too small.
5. Arf Pets Dog Self Cooling Mat Pad – Best cooling dog beds
The Arf Pets Dog Self Cooling Mat Pad is a great option if you are looking for a comfortable mat that will regulate your dog’s temperature.
The Arf Pets Dog Self Cooling Mat Pad is one of the best dog beds for medium dogs that are easily overheated. This product comes in three sizes and it portable and maintenance free.
This solid gel cooling mat is made of sturdy nylon that offers maximal support to your dog. Since it is a self-charging pad, it requires no water, batteries, refrigeration or electricity.
This pad effectively absorbs and regulates your dog’s body temperature for up to three hours. After three hours of use, it automatically recharges after 15-20 minutes of non-use.
This is a low maintenance dog bed and can be wiped with a soap and water mixture. A puncture free and durable exterior resists even the roughest abuse making this bed suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Durable design.
- Keeps dogs cool.
- Easy to clean.
- Not chew proof.
6. Big Barker Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed – Best orthopedic dog beds
The Big Barker Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed is a suitable choice if you have a larger dog with joint and mobility issues.
The Big Barker Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed has the highest rated best dog beds review. It comes in three sizes, large, extra large, and giant to ensure that big dogs have a cozy bed to rest in.
This bed features a 7 inch thick American made therapeutic foam that supports every line of a big dog’s body. The foam is firm and durable and there is no way that your big dog will sink through the bed.
The contoured foam is 4 inches thick and provides headrest and joint relief which is very important for large breeds.
The microfiber cover is soft to the touch, looks great in a home and can be machine washed. The amazing thing about this bed is that it comes with a 10-year warranty.
- 10-year warranty.
- For large breeds.
- Provides relief and comfort.
- For dogs with joint problems.
- The cover can tear.
7. Majestic Pet Suede Dog Bed – Best washable dog beds
The Majestic Pet Suede Dog Bed is completely washable and a suitable choice if your dog is prone to accidents.
The Majestic Pet Suede Dog Bed is a suitable option if your dog has frequent potty accidents or drools all over his bed. This product comes in four different sizes and a number of different colors to choose from.
This dog bed is stuffed with a premium high loft polyester fill which ensures that the bed is fluffy and comfortable. The sleeping area is surrounded by a bolster that allows your dog to rest his head and spine.
The bed’s base is made of waterproof denier and will protect your floor from any unwanted accidents or spills.
Unlike most of the other dog beds, the Majestic dog bed is completely machine washable. Therefore, it is a suitable option for owners who deal with doggy messes on a regular basis.
- Fluffy and comfortable.
- Good for spine and the neck.
- Completely washable.
- Waterproof base.
- The zipper is flimsy.
8. K9 Ballistics Durable Chew Resistant Raised Dog Bed – Best indestructible dog beds
If your dog chewed and ripped through his previous beds the K9 Ballistics Durable Chew Resistant Raised Dog Bed can be a good option.
The K9 Ballistics Durable Chew Resistant Raised Dog Bed may not look extravagant but it will stay in one piece. It is available in six different sizes and comes in five different colors.
The elevated cot bed is made from high-performance ripstop fabric that is able to resist toughest chewing abuse. The aluminum sides make it durable and strong and no fabric on edges prevents ripping.
The raised design provides even weight distribution and ensures that your dog stays comfortable while sleeping. Due to its heavy-duty design, this is one of the best dog beds for Labs that like to chew and scratch.
The material doesn’t attract hair, dirt, and moisture, thus it is very easy to maintain. Due to its design, this indestructible bed can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Read More: Best Indestructible Dog Beds
- Waterproof and easy to clean.
- Indoor/Outdoor use.
- Chew proof.
- Heavy-duty design.
- Hard to assemble.
9. Best Friends by Sheri Self Warming Dog Bed Cushion – Best heated dog beds
The Best Friends by Sheri Self Warming Dog Bed Cushion supports all sleeping styles and will keep your dog warm and rested.
The Best Friends by Sheri Self Warming Dog Bed Cushion is one of the best dog beds for small dogs. The standard size is suitable for dogs that weigh up to 25 pounds, but it is also available in jumbo size for bigger pooches.
Filled with virgin airloft fibers this bed is fluffy and comfortable and retains its shape for a longer time. Covered in cozy and soft sherpa material this bed keeps your dog comfortable and warm at all times.
The rear bolster helps ease joint pain, while the front provides, head, neck, and extra orthopedic support. The great thing about this self-warming bed is that it is made to support any sleeping position and works for all types of dogs.
The bottom is made of waterproof cover that will protect your floors. Furthermore, the Best Friends by Sheri dog beds can be washed in a machine.
- Supports all sleeping styles.
- Self-warming for extra comfort.
- Eases joint pain.
- For small dogs.
- Some dogs can’t climb in.
10. Enchanted Home Snuggle Pet Sofa – Best luxury and fancy dog beds
The Enchanted Home Snuggle Pet Sofa can a be a great option if you are looking for a stylish dog bed that won’t disrupt the design of your home.
The Enchanted Home Snuggle Pet Sofa is suitable for dogs up to 10 pounds and is one of the best small dog beds. This product doesn’t look like other dog beds and features a cute sofa look that ensures that your dog sleeps in style.
The wooden frame gives this bed a sophisticated look and also ensures durability. The foam filled fluffy cushion will keep your dog comfortable and offer proper sleeping support.
The entire sofa bed is covered in soft but durable plush fabric that is easy to spot clean. The cushions cover can be removed and machine washed.
Due to its design, this bed works best for dogs that sleep curled up or prefer leaning their head against a pillow.
Read More: Best Luxury Dog Beds
- Fluffy and comfortable cushion.
- Looks like a real sofa.
- For small dogs.
- Wooden frame.
- The cushion isn’t very soft.
Criteria used for evaluation
Dog beds are available in a variety of materials that can help you deal with potty accidents, odors, or allergies.
Your individual situation will determine what type of cover works best for you and your dog. Generally, you should look for products with durable covers that won’t be easily destroyed. Waterproof materials are a good option if your dog always has muddy paws or if he still isn’t properly house trained.
Although it sounds strange, not all dog beds are washable and this is an important factor to consider.
Even if your dog is the cleanest on the block it is always better to opt for a washable dog bed. All dogs are bound to get dirty at some point and leave muddy paw prints all over the bed. Furthermore, if you have an older dog with incontinence problems, the risk of unfortunate accidents is a lot higher. Thus, opt for a washable bed to ensure that your dog has a clean place to sleep in.
A filling is there to ensure that your dog can have a comfortable nap and to relieve stress on his joints.
Different dog beds come with different fillings and there isn’t one that is right for all dogs. Dogs with arthritis and joint problems can benefit from memory foam. On the other hand, dogs that burrow will feel most comfortable in a bed with polyfill.
The size of your dog’s bed will depend on his size and sleeping positions.
There isn’t a one size bed that fits all dogs. However, looking at products that come in various sizes can make your job of finding the right one much easier. Ultimately, the right size bed will give your dog a normal range of motions and not restrict him in any way. If your dog is in between sizes always opt for a larger size for extra comfort.
A dog bed should be made to last and sustain a bit of rough handling from time to time.
You should never sacrifice the product’s durability over its looks. At the end of the day, you don’t want to spend money on a new dog bed every other month. Hence, look for products that are made of high-quality materials. If your dog is aggressive chewer or likes to scratch you should opt for heavy-duty products specially designed for these dogs.
What Types of Dog Beds Exist?
Just like people, dogs have different sleeping styles which account for different types of dog beds. In order to find the right bed for your dog, you need to observe his sleeping preferences.
For example, a dog that likes to lay flat and stretch out shouldn’t be forced to curl up or nest. And dogs that sense of security and to snuggle won’t feel comfortable in a rectangular bed.
So, learn what type of sleeper your dog is and find the right type of bed for him:
- Bolster dog beds: These beds feature what may resemble a couch arm-rest wrapped around the bed. These bolsters allow dogs to pop their heads, or simply nest against them. Bolster beds are the best option for dogs who like to lean on something when they sleep.
- Rectangle dog beds: Are traditional pillow style dog beds that are flat on all sides. They are best suited for large dogs and ones who stretch during a nap.
- Round dog beds: Similar to rectangular beds, round beds are flat on two sides and are best suited for dogs that like to curl. They can also work for dogs that like to stretch out. However, keep in mind that the bed needs to be large enough to fit your dog fully stretched.
- Cave dog beds: Also known as nesting beds or burrowing beds are made for dogs who like to sleep in tight spaces. If your dog likes to burrow and sleep under the covers then he will enjoy having a cave bed.
- Orthopedic dog beds: Are good for dogs of any age and size, but are very beneficial for dogs with arthritis or joint problems. Furthermore, larger breeds that are at risk of hip dysplasia can benefit from this type of bed.
- Chew proof dog beds: Feature durable and strong fabric and impeccable stitching so dogs can’t make any significant damage even if they try to chew on their own bed. These are best suited for aggressive chewers and dogs that like to scratch a lot.
- Heated dog beds: Like orthopedic beds, heated beds are especially useful for dogs who suffer from joint pains. The heated surface alleviates pain and helps a dog feel comfortable and relaxed.
Your dog’s bed needs to be big enough so it doesn’t limit your dog’s movements in any way. If your dog is in between sizes, always go for a larger size. Just like people, dogs like to move around in their sleep, and a bed needs to be large enough to allow your dog to sleep in any position.
The filling should provide good insulation and proper joint support. You don’t want a thin or lumpy bed that will practically leave your dog sleeping on the floor. On the other hand, you should also avoid overstuffed beds that can restrict your dog’s movements. If you have an older, ill, or injure dog consider getting a bed made of memory foam that offers orthopedic support.
Generally, you don’t want to get a cover that will slip all over the bed, especially if your dog likes to nest. Furthermore, fleece, soft cotton, and other plush fabrics won’t be the best option if your dog is a chewer. Look for durable materials with tight-weave and strong stitching that won’t fall apart after one use.
You might think that you don’t need a dog crate, however, dog kennel is an essential piece of dog equipment. Dog cage can keep your dog from destroying your furniture when you aren’t around and is essential for housetraining.
Finding the best dog crate don’t have to be hard when you know the different types of crates available. Ultimately, your individual needs will decide if plastic, metal, wooden, or soft dog crate works best for you and your dog.