These foods consist of variety of meat, whole grains, vegetables and fruits which your dog will surely love. Go for organic ingredients and keep low-fat and low- sugar options to keep your dog healthy.
7 Low Fat Dog Food Recipes
1. Veggie And Beef Crockpot
Beef is used as a source of protein and veggies in the recipe can be used to swap out with anything your pet prefers.
- Peas, canned or frozen- ½ cups
- Chopped carrots: 1 ½ cups
- Chopped butter nuts- 1 ½ cups
- Kidney beans, drained and properly rinsed- 1 can
- Brown rice- 1 ½ cups
- Ground beef- 2 ½ pounds
- Stir 4 cups of water, peas, carrots, butternut squash, kidney beans, brown rice in ground beef into a slow cooker with 6-qt capacity
- Cook and keep it covered on simmer heat for 5 to 6 hours or for 2 to 3 hours if kept on high heat. Stirring is needed along with it.
- Cool it down completely.
Recipes From Thedogbakery
2. Buddy’s And Bubba’s Dog Food
This is a healthy replacement to your dog’s daily meal and will make it feel happy.
- Chicken leg quarters- 2
- Brown rice- 1 cup
- Ground beef- 1 pound
- Rolled oats- 2/3 cup
- Frozen spinach, chopped, squeezed and thawed- 1 package
- Frozen chopped and thawed broccoli- 2 cups
- Kidney beans, rinsed, drained and mashed- 1 can
- Shredded carrots- 2
- Minced clove garlic- 1
- Cottage cheese- 1 cup
- Olive oil- ½ cup
- Chicken leg quarters are placed in a pot, filled with sufficient water so as to cover it by 1 inch. Boil it, then simmer down the flame for 40 minutes. Remove legs and allow tehem to cool. Strain and return it to the pot. Once the legs are cooled, remove all the skins and bones. Chop out the meat and set it aside.
- Brown rice is then stirred in the reserved chicken broth and brought to boil. Heat is then reduced to medium low. Simmer and cover the rice until they get tender for 45- 50 minutes. Drain out the excess liquid and add rice to the chicken.
- Heat the skillet over high heat and add ground beef to it. Stir while cooking until the beef gets crumbly and remains no longer pink, i.e. for about 7 minutes. Excess of grease is poured out and the beef is then placed in the bowl. Olive oil, cottage cheese, garlic, carrots, beans, kidney, broccoli, spinach and oats are stirred. Store the food in freezer.
Recipes From Allrecipes
3. Low Fat Chicken Recipe
Chicken is all time favourite for dogs. To serve chicken in fat free way will do wonders to them. Here is a guide to do it.
- Skinless chicken, chopped and boiled- 3 pieces
- Cooked white rice- 1 cup
- Cooked carrots- 1 cup
- Cottage cheese, low fat- 1 cup
- Blend all the ingredients together and mix them thoroughly.
- Feed your pet.
- If there are any leftovers, keep them refrigerated.
Recipes From Pethealthandcare
4. Turkey, Vegetables And Rice Dog Food
This is a great and healthy food recipe for your dog. This keeps you puppy healthy and trim.
- Organic ground turkey- 1 lb
- Brown rice- 2 cups
- Dried rosemary- 1 tablespoon
- Frozen cauliflower, carrots and broccoli- ½ package
- Chop and then precook the cauliflower, carrots and broccoli until they get cooked but still remain firm.
- Add ground turkey, rosemary, rice with 6 cups of water and place it in a dutch oven or a large cooking pot.
- Stir to break up the turkey and mix all the ingredients well.
- Simmer the heat and boil it.
- Simmer it for 20 minutes.
- Frozen vegetables are added.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stop the heat supply and allow it to cool.
Recipes From Vetconm
5. Beef Recipe
This recipe has 24 grams of fat in each 1000 Kcal diet.
- Vitamin E- 20 to 100 IUs
- Kelp- ¼ tablespoon
- Cod liver oil- ¼ tablespoon
- Hempseed oil- ¾ table spoon
- Bonemeal- 1 ½ tablespoon
- Beef heart- 1 oz
- Beef liver- 1 oz
- Red leaf lettuce- 6 oz
- White cooked rice- 12 oz
- 95% lean ground beef- 12 oz
- All the ingredients are chopped and mixed thoroughly.
- The mixture is sufficient to feed 25 lb typical dog.
Recipes From Tripawds Nutrition
6. Vegetable Stew
Vegetarian dog foods are healthy and safe to feed and are a good alternative to meat based diets.
- Olive oil- 3 table spoon
- Crushed garlic cloves- 3
- Sliced zucchini- 1 medium sized
- Sliced yellow squash- 1
- Eggplants, cubed and peeled- 1
- Basil or oregano- 1 tablespoon
- Pepper/ salt
- Heat the oil and add garlic cloves to it. Sauté it for 2 to 3 minutes until they get soft
- Add all the veggies
- Mix them thoroughly
- Boil the mixture and lower the heat. Set it on simmer flame for about 30 minutes
- Add seasonings according to taste
- Simmer for another 15 minutes
- Top it up with grated cheese.
Recipes From Organic-Pet-Digest
7. Homemade Meat Loaf Recipe
This food recipe is very easy to prepare at home and can be doubled or halved according to your dog size.
- Raw ground beef- 1 lbs
- Eggs with shells- 18
- White rice, uncooked- 5 cups
- LickOchops omega, a fatty acid supplement- 1 tube
- Add 10 pounds of ground beef in a large pan
- Cool down the cooked rice and add
- Blend the eggs and them too
- Mix the mixture completely with hands until they are combined thoroughly
- Make 6-7 meat loafs and put them on pan
- Pre heat the oven to a temperature of 350 F
- Meat loafs will take nearly 1 hour to cook
Recipes From Homemadedogfood]]>