Getting your dog a kennel will provide him with an appropriate rest zone and a space that he can call his own. While dog crates have many advantages, you have probably noticed that they aren’t the prettiest thing to look at
Thankfully, crate manufacturers took notice and started creating luxurious dog crate furniture that can double as an end table. The best dog crate furniture allows you to keep your dog with style without disrupting your home’s decor.
To make the most of your purchase we identified 5 decorative dog crates that can easily blend with your room’s design.
Read more: Best Dog Crate 2019
- Reviews of the Best Dog Crate Furniture
- 1. Crown Pet Products Wood Pet Crate End Table – Wooden dog crate end table
- 2. Merry Products Cage with Crate Cover Set – End table dog kennels
- 3. New Age Pet ecoFlex Pet Crate End Table – Small dog crate end table
- 4. Casual Home Wooden Pet Crate – Coffee table dog crate
- 5. Petsfit Indoor Wooden Dog House – Dog kennel side table
- Criteria used for evaluation
- What are the Advantages of Table Crates for Dogs?
- What Types of Dogs are Best Suited for Dog Crate Furniture?
Why it is the best?
- Durable construction with a high-end finish.
- Waterproof floor is odorless and easy to clean.
- Well ventilated and spacious interior.
Reviews of the Best Dog Crate Furniture[supsystic-tables id=23]
1. Crown Pet Products Wood Pet Crate End Table – Wooden dog crate end table
The Crown Pet Products Wood Pet Crate End Table is a solid and sleek looking dog crate end table for medium and large dogs.
The Crown Pet Products Wood Pet Crate End Table is one of the highest rated dog crate end tables. It is a functional and decorative item that both you and your dog will like.
This dog crate table is made of durable hardwood construction that resembles teak. A stained and lacquered finish gives it a high-end look that won’t disrupt the design of your home.
This dog end table features a swinging door that can rotate inside so it’s out of the way. Various vents give your dog an opportunity to gaze around and keep the crate well ventilated.
Waterproof melamine-covered MDF floor eliminates absorption of liquids and odors and is very easy to clean. Which is an important trait to look for in an end table crate for dogs.
This product is available in two sizes, medium that accommodates dogs that weigh up to 45 pounds, and large that is suitable for dogs up to 80 pounds. Furthermore, this end table crate comes in mahogany and espresso finish to complement the rest of your furniture.
- Sleek hardwood construction.
- Comes in two sizes.
- Waterproof and easy to clean.
- Swing-through doors.
- Assembly required.
- Not for escape artists.
2. Merry Products Cage with Crate Cover Set – End table dog kennels
The Merry Products Cage is a fashionable option for a dog cage nightstand. It is easy to clean and comes in three sizes.
The Merry Products Cage with Crate Cover Set can be a suitable option for a stylish large dog crate furniture. It is made of solid hardwood and features side rotating side panels.
This table kennel set comes with a powder-coated free-standing steel cage and an elegant mahogany solid wood cover. The cover turns an ordinary wire crate into a fashionable dog crate end table large.
To make cleaning easier, this cage comes with a removable plastic tray at the bottom. Furthermore, the removable stainless steel divider is also included so you can partition your pet crate end table large to house two puppies.
This particular crate comes in three sizes, small, medium, and large and is suitable for all dog breeds. Due to its functional design, this is one of the nicest looking dog cage tables available on the market.
Read More: Best Large Dog Crate
- Comes with a removable plastic tray.
- Hardwood and steel construction.
- No tools needed for assembly.
- Comes with a divider.
- Strong dogs can bend the wires.
3. New Age Pet ecoFlex Pet Crate End Table – Small dog crate end table
If you are looking for small dog crate end table the New Age Pet ecoFlex Pet Crate End Table can be a great option.
The New Age Pet ecoFlex Pet Crate End Table is designed to fit well with modern decorations and will make a great living room piece. It is also environmentally friendly and made of recycled materials.
The environment flex is a recycled plastic-wood polymer material that doesn’t bend, crack, or split. This dog cage end table features bars made of stainless steel tubing.
Located on the sides and the crate’s door, the bars ensure proper ventilation and give your dog a chance to look around. The door is equipped with the stainless steel latch that keeps your pup secured within his white dog crate end table.
Besides the white, this product comes also in espresso, gray, and russet finish so it will fit nicely with the rest of your decor.
This dog cage table is suitable for small dogs that weigh up to 20 pounds. But this model is also available in medium, large, and X large size.
- Easy to assemble, no tools required.
- Low maintenance and easy to clean.
- Doubles as an end table.
- Comes in different sizes.
- Doesn’t have a removable tray.
- Bars can bend under pressure.
4. Casual Home Wooden Pet Crate – Coffee table dog crate
If you are looking for a large dog crate table consider getting the Casual Home Wooden Pet Crate. The top is spacious and allows for extra storage.
The Casual Home Wooden Pet Crate features a lot of space on the top and doubles as a dog crate coffee table. It is designed to blend into all environments and to provide a comfortable space for your dog to rest.
The chew-resistant solid wood construction increases durability and longevity of this dog kennel coffee table. It also features a strong lockable gate door, that will give you peace of mind when your dog is home alone.
Open side slates and mission-style door provide ample airflow and keep the inside of the end table dog crate well ventilated. This black dog crate end table also comes in espresso, taupe gray, and white finish to suit your individual needs.
The dog crate table top is very spacious and provides additional storage.
This particular model is intended for large dogs that weigh from 20 to 40 pounds. However, it also comes as dog crate end table extra large that can accommodate dogs that weigh up to 90 pounds.
Read More: Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Spacious top for extra storage.
- Secure latch.
- Comes in several sizes.
- Easy to assemble.
- Doesn’t have a removable tray.
5. Petsfit Indoor Wooden Dog House – Dog kennel side table
The Petsfit Indoor Wooden Dog House is a suitable choice if you are looking for dog furniture crate. It is super cute, lightweight, and serves as a side table.
The Petsfit Indoor Wooden Dog House can be a great option if you are looking at dog crate side tables. It features a cute doggy house design that won’t disrupt the decor of your living room.
This dog house end table is made of natural cedar wood and features a front wire door. It is painted with a water-based light blue paint that is completely safe and won’t affect your dog’s health in any way.
The downside of this dog crate side table is that has only three small ventilation holes. While the doors are made of wire, the inside can be a bit dark and unappealing for skittish dogs.
This dog table crate comes only in one size and is suitable for dogs under 30 pounds. Although it looks like a doggy house, the top cannot be opened, and the door is the only point of entry.
- Easy to assemble.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Spacious interior.
- Sturdy design.
- The interior is dark.
- Not for escape artists.
Criteria used for evaluation
Not all dog crate furniture is created equally and some are made of more durable materials that are able to last.
Most side table dog crates are made of wood. To ensure the longevity of your dog’s crate you should look for products that are made of high-quality hardwood. Furthermore, some dog crate tables don’t have to be entirely made of wood and contain wire or bars. You should look for end table pet crates that have durable steel wires or bars.
Easy to clean
It is essential to keep the wooden end table dog crate clean to prevent damage and keep your dog healthy.
If you know that your dog is prone to potty accidents it is best to look for a pet end table that has a removable tray. This will make cleaning accidents so much easier and you won’t have to worry if the pee is going to stain the wood. Generally, you should wipe and disinfect your dog’s kennel table regularly so look for products that will give you easy cleaning access.
Generally, all end table crate for dogs are multifunctional.
Still, depending on the size of the product, some offer more storage space. If you have a small dog the top might not be big enough for you to use it as a coffee table, but it will work fine as a nightstand. Generally, larger dog end table kennel offers more space for personal items.
The inside of the dog kennel end table needs to be properly ventilated in order to ensure your dog’s safety.
End table dog kennel furniture usually features side and door bars that ensure ample airflow. However, not all crates are made equally and you should definitely check how many vents your desired crate has. Lack of ventilation can make the inside of the crate dark and hot which will make your dog uncomfortable and restless.
End table dog crates furniture is made to complement any room decor.
Usually, they come in neutral colors like espresso or white so they can blend with the rest of the furniture in your home. It is always a good idea to look at products that come in different colors. That way you increase your chances of finding the furniture style dog crate that will go with the rest of your furniture.
What are the Advantages of Table Crates for Dogs?
Even if you are a firm believer in crate training there is no question that wire crates don’t have the looks on their side. When faced with a choice most pet parents will get a dog end table kennel instead of a regular crate in a heartbeat.
If you still aren’t convinced, check out the advantages of side table dog crates.
- Unique style: End table crates aren’t so commonly used as regular crates and chances are you haven’t seen any so far, which makes them a unique element. If you don’t want to disrupt your home’s interior design with a wire crate, it is only natural to separate yourself from the rest of the pack by getting your dog a stylish end table kennel.
- Saves on space: Pet crate table is a smart choice for apartment living or close quarters. Dog beds and regular crates take a lot of floor space. If things are tight investing in a kennel end table can get you valuable room to move around.
- Nicer looking than other crates: Many owners opt for end table dog crates furniture because they no longer can stand looking at a plastic or wire crate. On the other hand, end table dog kennel is designed to look like real piece of furniture that is nice to look at.
- Functional double use: End table pet crate doesn’t just look good, it is functional too. It offers your dog a cozy place to sleep and relax, but it also serves as an end table where you can put books, magazines, pictures, or other personal items.
- Your dog can be a part of the family: In most cases, wire and plastic crates end up stuffed in a corner due to their unappealing design. That is definitely not fun for your dog, who wants to be where you are. Kennel end table can be smoothly placed in a living room, kitchen, or other areas of family activities. Thus, giving your dog a chance to participate and be surrounded with people he loves the most.
What Types of Dogs are Best Suited for Dog Crate Furniture?
Unfortunately, not all pooches are the right candidates for side table dog crate. You may end up spending money for a pet crate end table if your dog doesn’t fall into these categories:
- Small and medium-sized dogs: In most cases, dog crate furniture works only for smaller dogs. However, some manufacturers make large furniture dog crates, but you are unlikely to find one to house a Great Dane or a Mastiff.
- Dogs that like to be enclosed: Some dogs feel extra secure when they are surrounded by walls. If your pooch isn’t afraid of tight spaces than he will love his new table dog crate.
- Mild tempered dogs: Most wooden dog crates and tables are sturdy, but they aren’t secure enough to contain an escape artist. If your dog hates being crated and is desperate to get out, these crates won’t be able to hold him. Furniture dog crates are best for calm and relaxed dogs that enjoy taking a nap in their kennels.
- Not good for chewers: Majority of furniture dog crates are made of wood, which makes them highly chewable. If your dog has a tendency to chew everything in sight, the end table crate won’t be a good fit for him. Furthermore, dogs that like to scratch will wear down your stylish new end table in no time.
Unlike regular crates, end table dog crate furniture features a furniture-style design that can be incorporated into any room. These crates often look like end tables and come in neutral colors and finishes so they won’t differ from regular furniture.
Dog crate furniture is made of food, thus it isn’t best suited for excessive chewers. Wooden dog crate end tables are better suited for dogs that are already crate trained and won’t become restless in a crate. Furthermore, this type of dog crates are usually smaller in size, compared to standard crates, and more suitable for smaller dogs. However, that isn’t to say that there aren’t any wooden end table dog crates for large dogs.
This type of dog crates features an elegant design that blends better with home decor. Also, dog kennel furniture has multi-purpose as most of them are design as end tables. Thus, in addition to the crate, you also get extra storage space for your personal items.
If you are tired of looking at your dog’s old wire or plastic crate, it is definitely time for a change. The best dog crate furniture offers you a stylish crating option that won’t disrupt the decor of your home.
These crates are designed to look like real pieces of furniture and in most cases also serve as end tables. Due to their wooden construction, they are best suited for calm, mild tempered, and well-behaved dogs that enjoy relaxing in their kennels.