Everyone loves comfort, lying in bed all day, having a nice cup of coffee, and reading a favourite book. Who don’t wants a scrumptious, delicious, and mouth-watering comfort food cooked in a crockpot by your hands. Well this sounds astounding but how about giving the same comfort to your pub? Sounds amazing? So, why not spoil your pub with much easier recipe.
Instead of buying dog food after dog food from the market, it is a much healthier way of feeding your dog along with tons of nutritious benefits by preparing food yourself. It can reduce your expense of buying canine and unhealthy food for your pub.
You can add your dog’s favourite veggie and make a happy meal for them. The most beneficial part is you don’t need to spend a lot of time for preparation. Just add all the ingredients in the crockpot and you are good to go. Let your crockpot creates the magic.
Here is your own-made fresh and super healthy food for your pub.
1. Beef Bonanza
It’s easy, it’s healthy, it’s nutritious, you know exactly what is you pub is eating. You can control your pub diet. This recipe is also completely customizable to veggies that you have on hand just sure to check what your pup can and can’t eat.
In this recipe kidney bean contains vitamin B, iron, magnesium, potassium that is an excellent source of proteins a dog needs. It can be a great source of fibre and antioxidants too. Beans are used to regulate blood’s sugar. Butter squash contains low fat, significant amount of fibre and sufficient folate content this makes a food hearty healthy for dogs. It contains sufficient amount of potassium boosts healthy bones and vitamin B that helps to maintain immune system of your pub.
Similarly, carrots are low in fat, high in fibre, and full of vitamins. Peas are rich of thiamine and potassium, phosphorus and B vitamin. Brown rice is low in fat and comparatively low in protein.
This recipe will help to maintain overall vitamin diet of your pub giving other nutritional benefits.
- 1 & 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 (15- ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 11/2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 2 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- ½ cup peas. (Dried , frozen, or canned)
- Add ground beef, kidney beans, chopped carrots, chopped squash butternut, brown rice, peas into the crockpot.
- Add 4 to 5 cups of water and start cooking on a low temperature and gradually on high temperature.
- Let it cook on the low temperature for about 2 to 3 hours.
- And after 3 hours start cooking on high temperature.
- Stir if needed.
- Let the food cool for about sometime
- Your pub food is all set to serve.
- PREPARATION TIME: 10 MINUTES.
- COOKING TIME: 6 HOURS ON LOW TEMPERATURE.
- TOTAL TIME: 6 HOURS AND 10 MINUTES.
- TOTAL FAT 24.2g: 37%
- CHOLESTEROL 62.5mg: 21%
- SODIUM 171.0mg: 7%
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE 28.9g: 10%
- PROTEIN 20.5g: 41%
- CALORIES: 417.9 Kcal
Recipes From Damndelicious
2. Veggies With Group Chicken
Your pub eats chicken more than beef? No problem, try this scrumptious recipe containing ground chicken. It’s equally nutritious, healthy, fresh and pocket friendly this recipe is full of nutritional value for your pet. Green beans are a great source of beta-carotene, iron, vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Moreover, as it contains the fiber so that aids your pets feeling full with less calories but eating a healthy diet as well. It is one of the astounding recipes to maintain the weight of your pet. The chicken provides the protein your pet needs to stay healthy. To get the optimal level of amino acids, meat is a great source as it would help in building muscle of your dog’s body.
Furthermore, meat provides abundant B vitamins (Pyridoxine, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Pantothenic acid, Cobalamine, and Niacin). All of these vitamins are needed in the body for the formation of energy metabolism. Squash just like pumpkin contains huge amount of beta-carotene (Provitamin A) and fiber.
It’s also a helpful adding to doggie diets if your pub is experiencing any kind of digestion problems. Peas have sufficient amount of fiber that will help to boosts the health of your pub.
- Lean chicken – Three pounds
- One cup butternut squash
- 15 ounce drained kidney beans – canned
- Peas, green beans and carrots diced or sliced – One cup
- Clean all the things.
- Put lean ground chicken, butternut squash, kidney beans, peas, green beans, carrots into the crockpot.
- Stir well.
- Place it on the stove and set it on low temperature for 4 hours.
- PREPARATION TIME: 5 MINUTES
- COOKING TIME: 4 HOURS
- TOTAL TIME: 4 HOURS 5 MINUTES
Substitutions are allowed! For veggies, try zucchini, broccoli florets, spinach or any kind of squash. In addition, for getting the protein, try lamb or turkey. Use organic ingredients if possible.
- TOTAL FACT 7g: 11%
- CHOLESTEROL 73mg: 24%
- SODIUM 129mg: 5%
- POTASSIUM 626mg: 18%
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATES 21g: 7%
- PROTEIN 18g: 36%
- VITAMIN A: 47.7%
- VITAMIN C: 8.5%
- CALCIUM: 3.1%
- IRON: 8.1%
- CALORIES: 223 Kcal
Recipes From Pearlsandsportsbras
3. Turkey And Blueberry Fusion
It is nutritious, economical, healthy and easiest food to make for your pub.
The turkey in the dog’s food is an excellent source of protein and rich with nutrients. Turkey is a white meat that helps dogs to build a muscle. It is also an extremely digestible protein source for dogs. In other beneficial factors, turkey-based pet foods can be your alternative option for dogs with food sensitivities or food allergies to chicken-based or beef recipes. Potatoes are rich in protein and fiber.
Fresh vegetables and fruits have considerable amount of vitamin and rich with nutrients. Adding blueberries in this recipe provides many significant benefits to your dog’s health. Blue berries are low in calories.it contains antioxidants helps to strengthen dog’s immune system. It protects body’s cells and reduces inflammation provides dog a healthy and long lasting life without getting diseased.
A blue-reddish color antioxidant present in blueberries is called anthocyanin and it’s function is to protect pets’ brain cells and provide significant healthy brain. It lower your pub’s risk of cancer. Ellagic acid present in blueberries support block metabolic pathways that leads to cancer.
Beef liver is an excellent source of phosphorus copper, zinc, iron and niacin. It delivers many B vitamins, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, and important amino acids your dog requires from his diet to keep him fit and healthy.
Greek yogurt encompasses more rigorous levels of probiotics. The probiotics in Greek yogurt also combat yeast infections, which can aid dogs with recurring ear or skin infections. It is high in protein and rich in calcium ideal for your pub’s bones.
This recipe is extremely healthy and way too tasty that your pub can’t even resist.
- 3lbs chicken thighs(with bone and skin)
- 3lbs ground turkey
- 2small potatoes, diced
- 2small sweet potatoes, diced
- 8ounces frozen peas
- 8ounces carrots, chopped
- 1cup frozen blueberries
- Place chicken thighs and ground chicken in the bottom of the crockpot. Cover with water.
- Add all other items.
- Cook on low for 12 hours. Mix well, and remove bones. Cool before serving.
- Freeze in portion controlled servings.
- PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
- COOKING TIME: 14 HOURS
- TOTAL TIME: 14 HOURS AND 15 MINUTES.
Recipes From Skinnyms
4. Ingredients For High Iron Dog Food – Crock Pot
- Two Lbs liver of beef
- Two cups of broccoli
- One cup brown rice
- Coconut oil – Four tablespoons
- Carrots – Two cups
- Water – Three cups
- A cup of Greek yogurt
- Four eggs
- Spray or oil the crockpot insert
- Add the meat, vegetables and water to the crockpot
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours
- Add the remaining ingredients before serving
- PREPARATION TIME: 10 MINUTES
- COOKING TIME: 8 HOURS
- TOTAL TIME: 8 HOURS AND 10 MINUTES
- Low in sodium
- High in iron
- High in manganese
- Very High in niacin
- Very high in pantothenic acid
- High in phosphorus
- Very high in riboflavin
- High in selenium
- Very high in vitamin a
- Very high in vitamin b6
- Very high in vitamin b12
- High in zinc
- High in saturated fat
- Very high in cholesterol
Recipes From Slowcookerkitchen
5. Scooby’s Stew
This is an old-fashioned stew with loads of comfort and love. It is highly healthy and easiest among all. It contains brown rice that is extremely good to overcome all the carbohydrate needs of the dog. It contains great amount of fiber, supportive optimal bowel function and is rich in all the essential minerals.
It contains Manganese, Folate, Selenium, Iron, Zinc, Calcium, Vitamins B2, B3, and B6, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Fatty acids. It stabilizes heart and maintains blood sugar. It is easy to digest. Olive oil in the recipe helps to loose weight it contains mono-saturated fats that actually helps in breaking down of the unwanted fats.
In addition to that, it contains high amount of antioxidants including polyphenols, vitamin E, chlorophyll, and carotenoids olive oil helps to maintain immune system of the dogs. Zucchini in dog’s food contains huge amount of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is low in fats and cholesterol that helps your pub to maintain weight. Spinach holds enormous amounts of vitamins A, B, C, and K. Moreover, spinach contains beta-carotene, antioxidants, and roughage and iron, which stimulate the digestive zone.
- Brown rice – One and a half cup
- Two carrots – diced
- Olive oil – one tablespoon
- One zucchini – diced
- Ground turkey – Three pounds
- Peas, frozen or canned – Half cup
- Baby spinach, 3 cups – chopped
- Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker in an order and cover the turkey entirely with veggies
- Cook eight hours on low or five hours on high
- Take it off from the slow cooker, cut turkey and mix into veggie and rice mixture until it is evenly distributed.
- Store it in the fridge after coving it for about three whole days or you can freeze it in small portions.
- PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
- COOKING TIME: 8 HOURS
- TOTAL TIME: 8 HOURS AND 15 MINUTES
Here’s a Professional Tip: As the dish is ready, mix in a few bone broth powder into it. Your dog will love the taste and it is very healthy.
Recipes From Thedogbakery
How To Keep A Dog In A Good Diet:
Just like humans need sufficient food, healthy nutrients and vitamins, great source of energy to make your body able to work properly your pub also needs vitamins and considerable amount of energy to live by your side longer. For this purpose, feeding a healthy food is very essential. Here is how you can keep a dog in a good diet and provide him the healthiest appetite.
- Cut off the market products; don’t fool with the fancy marketing. Synthetic food is very dangerous for your pub’s health. The preserves in the food promote diseases that costs less life.
- Spoil your dog with healthy and fresh treats; try to get all the organic fruits and vegetables for your dog. Add low calorie food and more of the proteins and fiber in your dog’s diet. Carrots, spinach, peas and sweet potatoes can be addition for this purpose.
- Keep your pubs’ weight at healthy level; being obese can lower dog’s life by two years. Over weighed dogs are at higher risk of severe diseases like cancer and tumor. It can be cured by maintaining pubs’ health through balanced intake of food.