- What are the Best Syrian Hamster Exercise Wheels, Balls and Saucers?
- Review Section
- 4 More Top Rated Exercise Toys for Syrian Hamsters
As anyone who owns one would tell you, having a Syrian hamster as a pet is great. They are naturally docile, nocturnal and friendly, and don’t mind a little bit of exercise here or there (or all the time). And, when it comes to exercise, it is super important for your pet to engage in regular exercise to keep them fit, healthy and within a good weight range. That is why we have collected information on the 7 best Syrian hamster exercise wheels, balls and saucers to help you choose the best options for your furry friend. If you are ever unsure as to the best option for your Syrian hamster, we always recommend speaking to a professional and they will be able to assist.
What are the Best Syrian Hamster Exercise Wheels, Balls and Saucers?
- Exotic Nutrition Silent Runner Small Animal Exercise Wheel
- Kaytee Run-About Small Animal Exercise Ball
- Ware Flying Saucer Small Animal Exercise Wheel
- Kaytee Comfort Small Animal Exercise Wheel
- Kaytee Run-About Small Animal Exercise Ball
- Kaytee Silent Spinner Small Animal Exercise Wheel
- Kaytee Critter Cruiser Small Animal Exercise Wheel
|Our 2021 Picks: Best Syrian Hamster Exercise Wheels, Balls and Saucers|
|Exotic Nutrition Silent Runner Small Animal Exercise Wheel
|Kaytee Run-About Small Animal Exercise Ball
|Ware Flying Saucer Small Animal Exercise Wheel
|Kaytee Comfort Small Animal Exercise Wheel
|Kaytee Run-About Small Animal Exercise Ball
|Kaytee Silent Spinner Small Animal Exercise Wheel
|Kaytee Critter Cruiser Small Animal Exercise Wheel
- Dual ball-bearing design
- Without a center axle
Overall Best Syrian Hamster Wheel – If you are searching for an exercise wheel for your Syrian hamster, the Exotic Nutrition Silent Runner Small Animal Exercise Wheel is the best choice to consider and our overall best Syrian hamster wheel option. With its dual ball-bearing design and a quiet spin (no more squeaking from an exercise wheel in the middle of the night!), your pet can enjoy some exercise in peace. It has been created without a center axle, ensuring your Syrian hamster does not get tangled up in the wheel itself and is of sturdy construction. Additionally, there are four bean-shaped openings in the wheel which allows your Syrian hamster to enter from many points, as well as a solid back wall which ensures both comfort and support during exercise.
This exercise wheel is made of heavy-duty metal material, meaning it will last longer than many other wheels on the market, however, this also means it has a higher price tag than a lot of other options. It has a textured surface, which offers better traction whilst running and there are three different sizes – including small, regular and wide – as well as a range of colors. Although the Exotic Nutrition Silent Runner Small Animal Exercise Wheel cannot be attached to the side of a cage, as it is very sturdy it can be safely free-standing, and you don’t need to worry.
- Easy to clean
- Constructed of heavy-duty metal
- Range of sizes
- Textured surface for running
- Solid rear wall
- More expensive than other hamster wheels
- Cannot be attached to a cage – can only be freestanding.
- Made of transparent plastic
- Safe and secure way to roam
- Durable plastic ball
- Provides essential stimulation and exercise
Best Syrian Hamster Ball – When it comes to Syrian hamster balls, the Kaytee Run-About Small Animal Exercise Ball is the best currently on the market. Made from durable transparent plastic and available in four sizes – 5, 7, 11.5 and 13 inches – your Syrian hamster will thoroughly enjoy leaving their cage in this handy exercise ball. It offers both a safe and secure environment for exploring, whilst encouraging healthy levels of exercise and lots of entertainment. The construction of the ball also allows sufficient ventilation throughout, so your furry friend doesn’t get too hot, and it can even be used as a holding pen for when you are cleaning their cage… and it is escape-proof too.
The lid can be a little hard to open, and if the lid isn’t secured properly it can come off, but overall this is a great product. It is worth noting that there has been considerable information circling regarding the dangers of hamster balls to your furry friend, however, this isn’t always the case. Hamster balls can be a safe and secure way for your Syrian hamster to receive some exercise outside of. Their cage, however, if a hamster ball is not used correctly, it can be dangerous and hazardous. If you are worried, do your research and then speak to a professional regarding your concerns.
The Kaytee Run-About Small Animal Exercise Ball is a great and reliable choice though is you are searching for an exercise ball that works, so that is why we have listed it as the best Syrian hamster ball available.
- Affordable price point
- Comes in four sizes – 5, 7, 11.5 and 13-inch
- Sufficient ventilation
- A great option for allowing your Syrian hamster out of its cage
- Escape proof
- The lid of the ball can be difficult to get off
- The lid can pop off if not attached properly
- Tail and toe safe
- Quiet acetal plastic hub
- Fun colors
- Safe way to exercise
Best Syrian Hamster Saucer – Finally, if your Syrian hamster would prefer a saucer as opposed to a wheel or a ball, the Ware Flying Saucer Small Animal Exercise Wheel is the item you need. Coming in a range of sizes (small, medium and large) and in a variety of colors, this choice is the best Syrian hamster saucer you can buy. Unlike other saucers, it does not squeak and makes minimal noise, offering a quiet acetal plastic hub which you will be thankful for when your pet wants to exercise at 3 am.
The Ware Flying Saucer Small Animal Exercise Wheel is a safe way for your Syrian hamster to exercise, with a solid running surface ensuring it is both toe and tail safe. It has a super quiet spinner and offers a great, fun environment for your pet to enjoy. It is also an easy concept for your pet to understand and grasp, ensuring they do not spend hours trying to figure out what they need to do. The saucer is also very easy to clean, making it a welcome addition to any hamster cage, and does not have extensive assembly instructions or requirements.
It has been reported that this saucer may not last as long as other options available on the market, and it is a little more expensive, however, it offers short to medium term durability and stability. It also can be a little tricky to choose the best size that is suited to your Syrian hamster, so make sure you research before you buy (it appears that a medium is best, but it really depends on the size of your furry friend).
- Three sizes – small, medium and large
- Range of colors
- Doesn’t squeak
- Is not difficult to learn how to use for your Syrian hamster
- Easy to clean
- Does not last long term
- More expensive than other options
4 More Top Rated Exercise Toys for Syrian Hamsters
If you are looking for another exercise wheel for your Syrian hamster, the Kaytee Comfort Small Animal Exercise Wheel is another top-rated choice. At a super affordable price and with a simple yet stylish design, this 8.5- or 12-inch exercise wheel is a suitable size for your furry Syrian hamster friend. It features a surface with ridges for safe running and a “tail-safe” design, as well as a heavy-duty wire stand which allows its use as a free-standing wheel. A huge benefit of this exercise toy is the fact that it is easy to clean, and encourages safe and healthy exercise Also if a free-standing wheel is not what you are looking for, it has a two-way clip for connection to a wire cage. Note however that is has been reported to be a little noisy at times!
If an exercise ball is more what you are looking for, check out the Kaytee Run-About Small Animal Exercise Ball. It is reasonably priced and comes in different sizes, as well as being a light green color to ensure it doesn’t heat up too much in the sun. This exercise toy offers an interactive way for your Syrian hamster to exercise and explore safely and securely, without them getting loose in your home. Always ensure you get your pet familiar with an exercise ball in their own time though, to avoid stress and exhaustion when they use it, and buy the correct sizes ball for your furry sidekick (speak to a professional if you are not sure).
When it comes to exercise wheels, some are a little noisier than others and, since Syrian hamsters are nocturnal, you want a wheel that isn’t going to make heaps of noise while you sleep. This is where the Kaytee Silent Spinner Small Animal Exercise Wheel is a better option than most – it is super quiet, not too expensive and comes in four colors (red/pink, purple, green and blue). It is contained on a sturdy wireframe, which can be removed if you wish to attach it directly to almost any wire cage, and comes in three sizes – mini, medium and giant. The wheel running surface is constructed of high-quality plastic, making it safe for your Syrian hamster’s feet, and is tail safe too. It can be a little tricky to find the perfect balance between noise and turning ability, however, once you find it, it works perfectly!
Last, but certainly not least, is the Kaytee Critter Cruiser Small Animal Exercise Wheel. This is the funkiest and coolest option on the list, and the only exercise wheel located in a car… yes, you read that right, a car! The Critter Cruiser is a pet-powered car that encourages fun and healthy exercise, being super interactive and immersive. The wheel is adjustable in three different ways, including the ‘Comfort Wheel’ which allows your Syrian hamster to spin the wheel without moving, the middle position which allows your furry friend to move the wheel and roll around, and the lowest position which works on the Super Pet’s Hamtrac. This exercise wheel comes in a range of colors and, for a little extra fun, it comes with a free speedway stocker set too!
- What size wheel should I get for my Syrian Hamster? As Syrian hamsters are larger than many other breeds, they require a larger wheel. It is recommended that any wheel that you purchase for your Syrian hamster should be around 8 to 12 inches and guess what… females are usually bigger than males.
- Are wheels bad for Syrian Hamsters? Not at all! Wheels are great for Syrian hamsters, to keep them fit and healthy and maintain an appropriate weight. It is very important however to ensure that you choose a wheel that is the correct size for your hamster – if you see your furry friend arching their back at all, this is not good, and you need to buy a bigger wheel. The less they arch their back, the better it is, as it better reflects running in the wild. Always do your research before buying a wheel, to ensure you purchase the correct size for your Syrian hamster
- Did you know, a hamster can run several miles in one night in the wild?
- Are hamster balls dangerous for Syrian Hamsters? If hamster balls are used properly, they can be a great way to exercise your pet, however, if they are used incorrectly, they can be both dangerous and hazardous. Always make sure the size and color of the ball is the right size for your furry friend, the ball is clean and let your hamster explore the ball themselves first. If they are left in the ball for more than 10-15 minutes, they can become stressed and worn out, so always make sure you speak to a professional complete your own research before buying a hamster ball.
- What size ball does a Syrian hamster need? The most appropriate size for a hamster for a Syrian hamster is at least 8 inches, if not larger. When you think about it, a Syrian hamster requires a wheel around 8-12 inches, so a hamster ball should not be any smaller than this.
In conclusion, we don’t blame you if you become a little overwhelmed with all the choices available when it comes to ensuring your Syrian hamster receives enough exercise. From wheels to balls to saucers (and everything else in between), the range of options is extensive. But we hope the list above has narrowed down your search and helped you find a few exercise toys that suit your Syrian hamster, no matter their tastes. Whether it is a Kaytee Run-About Small Animal Exercise Ball to keep your pet moving, an Exotic Nutrition Silent Runner Small Animal Exercise Wheel for a little exercise wheel fun or a Kaytee Critter Cruiser Small Animal Exercise Wheel for something completely different.
As we have mentioned before, if you have any queries regarding exercise wheels, balls or saucers, we recommend that you speak to a local professional or veterinarian to assist you further. There is a lot of conflicting information out there regarding the best ways in which your Syrian hamster should get their exercise, so it can be confusing to know what is correct. We recommend taking the above list with you when you speak to someone, to make things a little easier to remember. And enjoy watching your furry friend stay fit and healthy all year round!