- What is the Best Dog Crate Furniture?
- How to Choose the Best Size Crate
- 7 Components to Look for in a Dog Crate Furniture
- Overall Best Dog Crate Furniture
- More Top Furniture Dog Crates
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dog crates aren’t exactly the most attractive item on your list of pet essentials, but having a kennel for your dog is an absolute must. Luckily there is a solution to the unsightly problem of keeping a dog crate in your home – dog crate furniture! These stylish pieces make a brilliant alternative to standard wire or plastic crates.
We’ve put together a helpful guide to assist you in choosing the best piece of dog crate furniture for your pup and your home. There are some important features to consider when thinking about which dog crate to buy, and we’ll help you walk through them with you. Enjoy our 7 dog crate furniture recommendations, as they are all modern, comfortable and luxurious.
What is the Best Dog Crate Furniture?
3 Benefits of Using Dog Crate Furniture
Dog crate furniture is first and foremost a safe haven for your dog, but there are other benefits to enjoy:
- Practical and functional: Using a dog crate that doubles as a piece of furniture is a practical and functional choice. Most dog parents already have a crate in their home, so you might as well make good use out of it! Dog crate furniture makes a great end table or décor on which you can store personal items.
- Much more attractive than a regular crate: Dog crate furniture is stylish, whereas a traditional wire or plastic crate can be an eyesore. Would you rather look at a big plastic or wire box or a fancy furniture dog crate of sorts?!
- Take up less space: When you use a dog crate that can be used as a lovely piece of furniture, you take up much less space in your living area. All of your décor will flow together seamlessly, as opposed to keeping an unsightly kennel randomly located in your home.
How to Choose the Best Size Crate
Your dog should be able to comfortably sit, turn around and lie down in their crate. If your dog is not crate trained or you’re in the process of training, it’s important that you don’t buy a kennel with too much extra space. If the crate is too large, your pup may eliminate in one area of the kennel then sleep in the other.
7 Components to Look for in a Dog Crate Furniture
Now that you’re ready to pick out the best dog crate furniture for your home, look into the following features before making your final decision:
- Versatility: It would probably be safe to bet that if you’re interested in dog crate furniture, you’d like it to have multiple uses. Dog crate furniture can be used as an end table next to your couch, or as a table to place décor and personal belongings. The top dog crate furniture pick on our list can also turn into a fancy gate!
- Materials: If you have a dog who likes to chew or escape their crate, you will want dog crate furniture made from durable materials.
- Style and design: Some dog crate furniture takes on a contemporary style, while others are more modern. The design you choose is based on preference and what suits your home décor the best.
- Size: Some furniture dog crates only come in one size, and others are available in multiple sizes. Make sure you purchase a crate that will properly accommodate the size of your dog.
- Assembly: There is some dog crate furniture that won’t require tools for assembly, while others will. If this is an important factor for you, the general product description will let you know if assembly is required.
- Doors: Many dog crates that double as furniture have unique door designs. They often slide inward so your dog can relax in their kennel without the door staying closed or being open and in the way. Versatile doors are functional and look nice.
- Removable pan insert: There are a few quality furniture dog crates that come with a removable pan insert. This adds an element of convenience for cleaning. Not all crates have this, so that could possibly narrow down your options.
Overall Best Dog Crate Furniture
|Our 2020 Picks: Best Dog Crates Built into Furniture|
|Merry Products 2-In-1 Configurable Dog Crate||CHECK PRICE|
|Mr. Herzher’s Original Wicker Pet Residence||CHECK PRICE|
|New Age Pet EcoFLEX Crate & End Table||CHECK PRICE|
|Merry Products Slide Aside Crate & End Table||CHECK PRICE|
|Crown Pet Products Wood Pet Crate||CHECK PRICE|
|Mr. Herzher’s Deluxe Wicker Pet Residence||CHECK PRICE|
|Merry Products Triple Door Dog Crate||CHECK PRICE|
- Doubles as a gate to close off a door or other space
- Stylish design
- No tools required for assembly
- Built with steel bars
The Merry Products dog crate furniture takes the top spot on our list because of its functionality and style. This dog crate is incredibly innovative, as the kennel quickly transforms into a gate for closing off a doorway or keeping your pup contained to a general area. Then when you’re ready to activate kennel mode, simply slide the wood panels together and set them in place.
This dog crate furniture can be used as a side or end table, or a simple tabletop space to set your personal items. It’s available in medium and large size, which can generally accommodate dogs up to 40lbs. This piece of dog crate furniture boasts an attractive design via a stylish wood veneer cover. The bars of the crate are steel so it will be durable and secure. For modern homes and pet parents, we highly suggest taking a look at this Merry Product configurable dog crate.
- Turns into a gate for superior versatility
- Stylish and practical design
- No tools required for assembly, or to convert to and from a gate
- Pet parents report that this crate furniture is easy to maneuver and assemble
- Only available in two sizes
- Not conducive for aggressive chewers or escape artists
- Cleans easily with soap and water
- Available in four sizes
- Unique spring-loaded door offers functionality
- No-slip feet to protect floors and keep the crate in place
Mr. Herzher’s dog crate furniture is a cozy den-like space for pups who like to nest in a darker, more secure place. While there is plenty of ventilation and airflow, your dog will feel safe and this dedicated space. This dog crate comes with a durable bottom pan that can be removed and easily cleaned in case of an accident. The wicker material can also be cleaned with soap and water.
This dog crate furniture is unique because the door opens both outward and inward. If your dog wants to relax in the crate on their own accord, pet parents can latch the door open so your pup can walk in and out as they please. The crate has raised, non-slip feet to protect your floors and keep the den in place. We like that this stylish piece of crate furniture is attractive, easy to clean and functional with the versatile door.
- Durable pan insert is removable for cleaning
- Wicker can be wiped down with soap and water
- No-slip, raised feet
- Versatile door is functional for convenience
- Not recommended for aggressive chewers who like to test the strength of their kennel
- Available in four sizes and four colors
- Suitable for dogs up to 80lbs
- No tools needed for assembly
- Made from ecoFLEX material and stainless steel crate bars
Best Budget-Friendly Dog Crate Furniture – Fashion meets function with this New Age Pet furniture-style dog crate. It’s made from recycled plastic-wood material that, according to the manufacturer, will never warp, crack or split. This feature is great if you need a durable dog kennel. This dog crate furniture is available in four sizes and four neutral colors, but the ecoFLEX material can be painted to fit your home’s style!
This furniture dog crate can fully function as an end table and decorative piece. The spindles on the crate are made from stainless steel, and the door latches shut for security. The crate can accommodate dogs up to 80lbs. Once you receive your furniture dog crate from New Age Pet, it doesn’t require tools for assembly. The non-porous material can be wiped down with a mild detergent for cleaning and maintenance.
- Stylish design which is available in four colors and sizes
- Accommodates dogs up to 80lbs
- ecoFLEX material can be painted and cleaned
- No tools necessary for assembly
- Doubles as a functional end table
- This furniture dog crate does not come with a removable pan
More Top Furniture Dog Crates
We love this dog crate furniture from Merry Products because it offers a sleek and innovative design. A multifunctioning door allows you to easily slide the crate door open so it remains as such. Your dog will then be able to come and go from the kennel as they please. This end table dog crate is made with solid wood veneer and metal rods. The bottom is completely solid (there is not a removable pan) and the top holds up to 300lbs. The Merry Products Slide Aside Crate comes in black and white to best suit your home décor.
Unlike the other dog crate furniture on our list, this one from Crown Pet Products is built completely with hardwood. The spindles are made from wood rather than metal, which means this crate won’t be best for aggressive chewers. The swing-through door can rotate inside the crate so it stays open when your dog wants to go in and out as they please. This dog crate has plenty of ventilation, and the material is waterproof for easy cleaning. It comes in two sizes and two warm colors.
This dog crate furniture is pricy, but you are buying a highly functional kennel. The frame is made from solid wood with rhino wicker panels. The bronze metal spindles are attractive and durable. The base of this furniture-style dog crate is elevated to protect your floors and offer optimal ventilation. It comes with a removable pan that can be cleaned at any time. What makes this dog crate unique is the versatile 5-way door. It hinges from left or right, it opens in and out, or it can be removed all together. The functionality will surely work in any home.
For smaller pups who could benefit from their own private den, we recommend this dog furniture crate from Merry Products. This stylish crate is best for small dogs who love to lounge among all the action. It has a single door on one end and double doors at the side of the crate which can be kept open. It also comes equipped with a removable pan so there is no need to stress if your pup has an accident. This incredibly fashionable dog crate doubles as an attractive end table and it is available in white and black.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is dog crate furniture? – Dog crate furniture features an attractive furniture-style design which can be incorporated into your home to act as an end table or piece of décor. They often come in modern designs and attractive, warm colors.
- What kind of dogs are best suited for dog crate furniture? – Generally, it’s not recommended to use dog crate furniture if your dog is an aggressive chewer or powerful escape artist. Dog crate furniture is best suited for dogs who are already crate trained and have a calmer demeanor. If your pup has separation anxiety, a furniture dog crate probably isn’t the best choice.
- Is dog crate furniture better than a regular dog crate? – Dog crate furniture is simply more attractive than a standard dog crate. They fit in well among your furniture and are great multi-purpose pieces. Traditional dog crates can be an eyesore, but dog crate furniture is an exceptional alternative.
Dog crate furniture is a beautiful alternative to an ugly, standard crate. They will fit in well with the other attractive décor in your home while providing a cozy, safe place for your dog to relax. Remember to properly measure your dog so you can pick the best size crate for them.